Canon printers are popular printing devices that come with unique features and extraordinary functions. After purchasing a Canon printer, you need to connect it with your laptop/desktop to enjoy the printing experience. You can even connect your printer wirelessly to your device in order to have wireless printing services. Yes! gone are the days when you need to connect hard wires to print your documents.
Now, you can complete the Canon Wireless printer setup for the device without using any USB cable. Here, in this article, we have provided you with the steps to print your documents wirelessly. We have also provided some simple instructions and guidelines that you can use to set up the Canon printer for WiFi printing.
Steeps to connect Canon Printer to Laptop With USB Cable (with Wire)
Before you learn the steps to know how to connect Canon printer to laptop wirelessly, it is important to check the steps to establish a connection using the USB cable. To connect your Canon Printer to a laptop via USB Cable, you have to connect one end of the USB cable to the printer and the other end to the computer. After a few seconds, you will get the notification that your laptop is properly connected to the Canon printer. Once the file is successfully downloaded, install the software on your laptop.
Once the installation process is completed, go through the on-screen instruction to properly set up your printer. Alternatively, follow the below-mentioned steps to execute the setup process:
- Press the Windows + I keys simultaneously to open the Windows Settings.
- Now, click on the “Devices” option and then tap “Printers and Scanners”
- From the new page that appears on the screen, click on “Add Printer and Scanner”.
- Select your printer to scan the device, and within a few seconds, you will get the name of the printer on your screen. Click on it.
- Follow the instruction that appears on the screen to complete the installation process.
How to Install a Canon Printer to Laptop Without USB Cable?
As mentioned, you can even establish a wireless connection between your Canon printer and the laptop using the WPS method. Before you start the set-up process, you need to check and ensure that your WiFi router has the WPS button. Now, go through the following steps to set up Canon wireless printer:
- Firstly, you need to connect the Canon printer to Wi-Fi.
- Visit the official website of Canon printers to download the printer drivers for your device. Make sure the drivers are compatible with your system.
- Once the printer drivers are properly downloaded, double-click on the download file to install the downloaded file.
- Now, press the ” Windows + R” key together to open the Run box on your screen.
- Type ” control/ name Microsoft. devices and printers” in the Run box and click the “Ok” button.
- Now, from the ”devices and printers” folder that appears on your screen, click the ” add a printer” button.
Go through the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process. After successfully completing the whole process, click the “Ok” button. Your printer wireless set-up is completed. Now, print a sample document wirelessly to ensure everything is OK.
Still Unable to Print Using Canon Printers? Check This!
If you are unable to print from your printer and wondering why won’t my Canon printer connect to my laptop, don’t worry we will help you to fix it. There can be several reasons why your printer might fail to establish a connection with computers. These include:
- Loosely connected cables
- Network Issues
- Temporary glitches, etc.
Whatever is the reasons for such an issue, you can resolve it by rebooting your computer and Canon printer. You can even download the Canon printer device drivers and update your operating system to fix the issue.
We hope the above-mentioned simple steps help you to complete the Canon Printer setup without any issue. However, if you experience any problems while completing the wireless setup for your laptop, you can contact the Canon customer support team for expert help. The highly professional experts are always available to help you in troubleshooting Canon device issues. You can call the experts at their support number and get the best solution to fix your problem right away. You can even leave a message or email to share your query.