Connecting your wireless Brother printer to a wifi network is not as easy as you might be thinking. However, at the same time, it is not a daunting task as well but only if you follow the instructions carefully. As soon as one brings home his wireless Brother Printer, he is worried about completing the brother printer wifi setup. Thus, to make it convenient for the users, I have listed down the best method to connect your Brother machine to a wireless network.
Some pre-requisites for brother printer setup
For beginning with the brother printer setup, one must find out the network configuration settings of the wireless router so that he can enter these details whenever asked during the setup.
- You must know the network SSID which is the name of your wireless network
- Also, find out the Network password a.k.a. security key or the encryption key
In case you do not how to get your hands on these details, you must find them on the back or side of your router or access point. Else, you may also find them on the documents that came with your router.
Wireless Brother Printer setup to configure the wireless settings
Once you get your hands on the network settings, you will be able to set up your Brother machine to a wireless network using the method listed below:
- Use the power cord to connect your Brother printer to the electrical socket and power on the printer.
- On the Control Panel of your printer, press the ‘Menu’ button.
- Then, press the ‘Up’ or ‘Down’ keys to select the ‘Network’ option followed by pressing ‘OK’.
- Using the arrow keys, select ‘WLAN’ and then press ‘OK’.
- Again, with the help of arrow keys, select ‘Setup Wizard’ and press ‘OK’ again.
- Select ‘Yes’ when the ‘WLAN Enable’ screen appears to enable the wireless network.
- Now, the wireless setup wizard will start searching for available networks along with their SSIDs.
- Use the up and down arrow keys to select your network name and press ‘OK’.
- If prompted, enter the ‘Network Key’ and press ‘OK’ followed by selecting ‘Yes’.
- Once the machine gets connected to your network, it will display the connected message.
This how the brother printer wifi setup process can be completed within a few minutes.
How do I connect my Brother printer to my computer?
You can either connect your Brother printer to the computer using the USB method or connect it wirelessly. For the wireless connection method, you need to connect your printer and computer to the same router using the network SSID and password.
Why is my Brother printer not connecting to WIFI?
Your Brother Printer might fail to connect to the wifi in case it is not placed within the range of the wireless router. Apart from this, the probability is that you are not entering the correct network details by making the connection between the two.
How do I connect my Brother printer to my wireless network?
To connect your wireless Brother Printer to a network, you need to know the SSID and password of the router or the access point. Once you know these details, use the printer’s control panel to search for available networks. When prompted, enter the wireless network details.
In case you are not able to connect your printer to the wireless network, make sure you are entering the correct passkey for establishing the connection. Also, you must ensure that there are no copies of the same printer available on your PC.