There are several error codes that you may get while printing your documents using Canon Printer. One of the common issues that many users have experienced is Canon Pixma Printer Error Code 5100. This error code basically indicates that there might be some problem in ink carriage. So, whenever you got Error 5100 on the screen, check exactly what is wrong with your printer’s carriage. Here, in this article, we have mentioned common causes and proper troubleshooting methods that you can try to bring your printer again in working state.
What Causes Canon Printer Error 5100?
Along with entering a wrong WPS pin on Canon printer, there are many reasons due to which you may experience such error on your device. Certain reasons for this error are given below:
- Dirty and debris printer’s outer parts can cause issues with your Canon printer.
- If the ink cartridge you are using in your Canon printer is not genuine, then you may experience this error code.
- Not properly cleaning the print head of your printer can bother you.
- Make sure whether the printing paper you are using is of correct thickness and size.
- Any pieces of paper that get stuck into your printer can also display the 5100 error code.
- Unwanted obstructions or improper connection can cause many errors with your printer and error 5100 is one of them.
How Do I Fix Canon Printer 5100 Error across Various Models?
You may get error code 5100 on Canon MX492, Canon MP460, or other models. It is important to apply proper workaround in order to bring your printer again in working state. Given below are some methods that you can try to fix the issue:
Method 01: Reset Ink Cartridge
The ink cartridge of your Canon printer can cause many problems and even makes you unable to use your printer properly. This is mainly because of improper seating of the cartridge. In such cases, you can fix the issue by resetting the ink cartridge of your device. For this:
- Remove all the cables attached to your Canon printer.
- Open the cartridge door of your Canon printer and reset the cartridge.
- Now, press the “Power” button of your device and connect the power cable between your printer and the computer.
Method 02: Remove Jammed Paper
Issues like Canon IP100 error code 5100 can occur due to small piece of paper in the printer. Always check for jammed paper in the machine and if there is any paper present, remove it by executing the following steps:
- Before applying this method, make sure that your Canon printer is not on. If it is, then turn it off.
- Remove the paper output cover of the machine and check if there is sheet of paper in the cassette.
- If there is any paper, then pull it out with care.
- Once all the pieces of paper have been removed, close the paper output cover.
- At last, reload a fresh paper and try to use your printer as usual.
Method 03: Adjust Ink Cartridge Properly
Canon MX452 code 5100 occurs due to the improper installation of your printer’s ink cartridge panel. In such cases, try to adjust the ink cartridge panel properly. For this, you can visit canon.com/ijsetup or follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the ink cartridge panel of your Canon printer and remove its color packages.
- Now, try to install the color packages from the manufacturer’s website.
- Once the color packages are properly installed, check if they are tightly placed.
- Now, try to print a sample document. If you can print the page without any error, then the error code 5100 has been resolved.
Method 04: Remove Dust from your Canon Printer
You can fix Service error 5100 on Canon MP160 or other models by cleaning dust particles from the insides of your machine. You can use a clean and soft cloth along with some rubbing alcohol to fix the issue. All you have to do is:
- Firstly, turn off your Canon printer, if it is ON.
- Now, get a soft and clean cloth and rub it on the outside of the printer to clean it.
- Then, bring a lint-free clean cloth along with rubbing alcohol.
- Clean the printer using lint-free cloth and rubbing alcohol from inside, as well. Make sure you don’t move any hardware forcefully.
Also read – Resolve Error 5100 on a PIXMA MX432, MX439
The Canon Pixma printer error code 5100 can occur due to various reasons. In this post, you can check all the reasons and troubleshooting methods to bring your printer again to working state. You can apply these fixes to resolve as well as prevent this error code on your Canon printer. For any support and help, feel free to contact our technical support team.