You have probably made the best choice by bringing home one of the most cost-effective printing devices, the Canon InkJet Printer. As soon as you start using it, you will get introduced to its varied features that will surely leave you awestruck. However, before you could start using it, you need to do a lot of stuff such as unpacking it, connecting it, and at the same time setting it up.
Some users might find the setup process to be easier while some of you might have to struggle to get started with it. So, if you have landed here, you need not worry anymore because in today’s tutorial we shall learn the easiest yet most accurate method to set up a Canon Printer via canon.com/ijsetup.
How to Download Driver for Canon Printer Setup?
Before you can set up and install your Canon Printer, it is necessary that you download its first which later needs to be installed to accomplish the setup process.
- Go to the Support website of Canon i.e. https://www.usa.canon.com/
- Tap on the ‘DOWNLOADS & DRIVERS’ option at the top-right
- Or, go to canon.com/ijsetup and select ‘Set Up’
- On the resulting page, you will see a text box
- In this box, enter the model number of your Canon Printer
- Click on your model number when it appears below the text box
- Next to the image of your printer, select ‘Drivers & Downloads’
- Now, select the ‘Drivers’ tab from the given three tabs
- Then, click on the ‘Select’ button available next to the driver file
- You will see that the ‘Select’ button has been changed to the ‘Close’ button
- Click on the ‘Download’ button to save the driver file on your device
Canon IJ Setup and Installation instructions
Once you successfully download the printer drivers on your device, you can begin with the actual setup and installation procedure after which using your printer will be easy.
- While your printer is turned off, insert one end of the USB cable to the printer
- Attach the other end of the USB cable to your computer on which you have downloaded the printer driver using the above method
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu of your device and open the Control Panel
- Select the ‘Hardware and Sound’ menu and then select ‘Devices and Printers’
- Choose the ‘Add a Printer’ option and select ‘Local Printer’
- Then, choose a printer port from the given list
- Now, choose Canon Printer and your printer model from the available printers
- Tap ‘Next’ and select if you’d like to share your printer with others or not
- After making your choice, select ‘Next’
- Choose the apt option if you want to set your printer as default and click ‘Finish’
If you are unable to set up your printer using this method, then go directly to canon.com/ijsetup and select ‘Set Up’. After that, you just need to enter the model number of your printer and follow the same instructions as mentioned above.
Else, visit Ij.Start.Canon for the setup
If you are unable to follow the link that is mentioned above, then you may go to the Ij.Start.Canon page which the official platform to get started with using your Canon Printer. On this page, you can find printer drivers, software, and manuals along with other necessary things to get you going with the printer set up and installation.
Some More Questions & Answers
How to install Canon printer software on Windows 10?
- From windows 10, go to usa.canon.com
- Select ‘Downloads & Drivers’ at the top-right
- Enter your printer model number and choose it from the list
- Select ‘Software’ next to your printer
- Choose ‘Select’ and then select ‘Download’
- Double-click on the installed file
- Follow some easy steps as they appear on your screen
How do I download IJ Scan Utility?
- First, go to the Support page of Canon
- Enter the model number of your scanner in the given box
- As you see the drop-down, select your model and click ‘Go’
- Go to the ‘Drivers’ tab and select ‘MP Drivers’
- Then, tap on the ‘Select’ button at the right
- Select ‘Download’ and the IJ Scan Utility will be downloaded with it
How do I set up my Canon printer wirelessly on mac?
- Visit canon.com/ijsetup from your device
- Select your region, name of the printer, and your OS
- Click ‘Download’ to download the setup file
- Double-click on the downloaded file
- Follow some easy prompts and then click ‘Next’
- Then, select ‘Wireless LAN connection’
- Select ‘Connect via wireless router’ and click ’Next’
- Click ‘Cableless setup’ and complete the setup
How to connect canon printer via WIFI?
- First, find out the following on your router:
- Wireless Network Name (SSID)
- Wireless Network Key (Password)
- Turn on your Canon Printer
- Head to the top of the printer and press the Wi-Fi button present on it
- Press it until the alarm lamp flashes one time
- After that, press the WPS button on your router when the light on your printer starts to flash blue
- If asked, enter the network SSID and Network Key
In this write-up, we have covered everything related to setting up your Canon InkJet Printers on your device. If you were not able to set up your printer after following these instructions, you might be choosing the incorrect model number of your printer or you are not connected to a network.