Want to set up your hp printer quickly and easily, we will show you how. If you are a proud owner of an HP printer and wondering how you can begin printing instantly, no problem, we will help you install printer drivers and set up your printer in just a few minutes. The setup procedure explained below is in reference to the HP Printer setup via 123.hp.com/setup for which you need to complete a set of instructions explained below.
Pre-requisites for printer set up via hp123.com/setup
Before you start, you need to get the following things prepared:
- Turn on your printer initially
- Get a USB cable of approx 3 m in length
- Verify if your computer has a USB port
- Remove any pre-existing hp printer from your computer
- Get your printer ready for the set up by installing cartridges, loading paper in it, and power on the printer and computer
Download and install HP printer drivers from 123.hp.com/setup
For 123 HP Printer Setup, you can use the easy steps given ahead:
- Power on your printer and computer
- From a web browser of your computer, visit 123.hp.com/setup page
- On the page you see, enter your HP Printer model number if the text field
- Select the relevant printer driver from the available results
- Select the ‘Download’ button for downloading the printer drivers
- To install it, go to the ‘Downloads’ folder of your computer
- Locate the setup file and click on it to run it
Along with the printer drivers, hp printer assistant will also get installed on your computer to help you with future printer settings and configurations.
HP Printer Wireless Protected Setup on a Windows computer
- Power on your PC, router, as well as the printer
- Locate the WPS button in your printer
- Make sure it is placed within the range of the router
- Press the WPS button for 5 seconds
- Quickly press the WPS button on the router for 4-5 seconds
- If you see a blue light on the printer, you are successful
- Check if both printer and router are connected to the same network
- Then, go to 123.hp.com and install the printer drivers on your device
HP Printer Wireless Protected Setup in Mac
- Turn on your wireless printer, PC, and router.
- Now, connect the computer to the router by entering the network SSID and password.
- Navigate to the control panel of your printer.
- Tap on the ‘Wireless’ icon and then select ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’ from the ‘settings’ menu.
- This will open the list of available networks on your screen.
- Tap on the name of your network to make a connection.
- On your Mac, select the option reading as ‘About This Mac’.
- Now, select ‘System Preferences’ to start printing and scanning.
You might need to restart your device after the setup is complete.
Frequently asked questions
How do I setup my HP printer to scan?
To scan using HP printer, you can use HP printer assistant and the process is given below:
- First of all you need to place the document in the document feeder of your printer or on the scanner glass.
- Next you need to locate and open HP printer assistant
- In the printer assistant menu, select scan
- Then click on the option scan a document or photo
- Make the necessary settings if required
- Again select the scan option to end the process
How to connect HP printer to the computer?
To connect an HP printer to a computer you can use either the USB Connection method or you can use the wireless connection method based on the printer you have. For wireless setup, you can press the WPS button on the printer and router and connect them both to the same network.
Why is my printer not connecting to my computer?
The most obvious reason why your printer is not connecting to your computer is because of the power or connectivity issues. Make sure your printer is receiving proper power and network connectivity Which is required to establish a connection between the both.
How do I find and update HP printer software?
To find and update your HP printer software you need to go to the official website of HP. There you can find the drivers and downloads section and click on it. If prompted you need to enter your printer model and then select the download option next to any available updates.
In case you are having printing or scanning related queries, then you may use HP Print and Scan Doctor to resolve the issues at the earliest. Hopefully, the HP printer setup via 123.hp.com/setup explained in this write-up has helped you achieve your goal. In case you could not accomplish the process via this method then you may use another process which is by navigating to the drivers and download section given on the HP website.