With the advancement in technology, the use of wireless printers has increased to a great extent. There are several printer brands available in the market which offer wireless printers and Dell is one of them. But in order to avail printing services with such wireless printer models, you need to have its proper setup with any device. Dell, an American multinational company, is mainly known for its best computers, printers, scanners, and related services. Here, in this blog, we have mentioned all the information related to the Dell wireless printer setup process to connect the Dell printer to the Wi-Fi.
Quick Steps to Setup Dell Wireless Printer To System
Connecting a Dell wireless printer to a wireless system is a quick and easy process. In this section, we have mentioned the Dell wireless printer setup process in brief. All you have to do is:
- Firstly, click the Start button and choose the “Control Panel” from the navigation pane.
- Under the Control Panel window, double-click on “Devices and Printers”.
- Choose the “Add a printer” option for adding wireless printers. Now, you will get the list of printers accessible on your Network.
- Now, choose your printer from various printers that appeared on the screen. After that, click on the “Add Printer Wizard” popup and enter your printer’s manufacturer and model, and then tap OK to finish the process.
- Now go through on-screen instructions and follow onscreen instructions until you click Finish.
How do I Connect Dell Printer with Wireless Network?
Once the Dell wireless printer setup process is completed, it’s time to connect the printer with a wireless network. For this:
- Click on Start and then navigate to Programs.
- Now, select “Dell Printers” and then choose “Dell Printer Home”.
- Click on “Settings” and then choose:” Wireless Setup Utility”.
- Now select “Dell” from the drop-down asking name of the company.
- Choose the Wi-Fi with which you need to click your printer and then enter a password if required.
- Click the “Continue” button to move further.
- Now go through the instructions that appear on the screen. Give necessary permissions and tap OK to Continue.
In case, if you are using a Wireless printer, make sure you opt for strong security measures. If your printer is not secured, then there are more chances of external threat or data loss and breach.
Dell Printer won’t Connect to Wifi – Check Why
There have been a few instances reported by the users that their Dell wireless printer won’t connect to wifi. If you are also facing the same issue, try to find the root cause of the issue. Given below are some reasons why is your Dell printer not connecting to Wifi:
- Sometimes, the wifi service might be turned off on your printer and this makes your printer unable to connect to the network. So, always check that the WiFi service is turned on.
- There can be some problems with the wireless network adapter and this causes interference with the wireless connection on your printer.
- Another main reason for the problem at Dell wireless printer setup is the WLAN service. If this service is disabled, then your printer will not be able to connect to wifi.
- In some cases, outdated printer drivers or wireless network adapter drivers cause the Dell wireless printer won’t connect to wifi issues.
Summing up the Blog
This is the best blog that gives you quick steps for Dell wireless printer Setup. Just follow the simple steps mentioned in this blog to connect your Dell printer to any computer/laptop wirelessly. We are sure these steps will connect wifi to your Dell wireless printer.
We have also mentioned some issues that many users have complained about while connecting the printer wirelessly. If you are facing any problems while setting up the Dell wireless printer, feel free to contact our technical support team. The professional experts are available 24*7 to help you with any issue of Dell printers.