Hp printers are popularly known for various features like quick and high-printing quality. They provide enticing offers, like free shipments and returns to their users. You can use your HP printer to perform various activities in your home and office. But sometimes, your printer may stop working or your HP Printer Not Printing Black color issue. Whenever you experience any issue with your HP printer, try to find exact workaround to bring your printer to working state. Here, in this article, we have mentioned common methods to fix HP Printer Not Printing Black Ink issue.
Why is My Black Ink Not Woking on HP Printer?
Check out the following reasons to know why HP 5510 printer not printing black problem occurs all of sudden at your end:
- Blockage or any issue in the Print Head Vent
- Black ink might go out of stock in your cartridge
- Your Windows system might have a corrupted or outdated driver
- Some internal issues in the Printer Ink cartridge can bother you
- The printer alignment issue may also cause same problematic hurdle
Luckily there are some effective methods that you can try to instantly fix issues like HP printer printing blank pages or not printing black ink. In the below section, we have mentioned proper methods to eliminate the issue from the root. Let’s check each method in detail from the following guide.
Quick Methods to Fix HP Printer Not Printing Black Ink Issue
Issues like HP envy 5530 printer not printing black, or same problem with any model is common. We have some quick fixing guidelines that you can try to fix issues with your Hp printer models. So, check quick methods to resolve the issue:
Method 01: Remove the Blockage in the Print Head
In case if the printhead your printer is clogged, then you cannot print with black color or any other color. In such cases, follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve the issue:
- Firstly, press the Power button on your HP Printer to turn it ON.
- Now, carefully open up the HP Printer’s cartridge panel and then remove the Print head and color units from it.
- Then, use a soft & smooth cotton cloth to clean the print head.
- Once you properly clean the print head, place it back into its original place.
- At last, try to print a sample document to check the printing quality.
If you are still facing HP PhotoSmart printer not printing black or color ink, move to the next solving guide.
Method 02: Use Printer’s Tool to Identify the Issue
There are several tools like HP printer assistant that you can use to detect and troubleshoot issues with your printer. For this:
- Check whether your printer is Switch ON and then open the printer cartridge access door.
- Remove the ink cartridges very carefully. Make sure any hardware is not forcefully removed.
- Now, locate and press the “OK” button on the Tool option.
- Now, the ink levels of the cartridges will appear on the screen. Select it and tap the OK button.
After cleaning the print head properly, check whether your printer is printing black or not. If the same problem still persists, try the next solution.
Method 03: Set Your Printer as A Default
Setting your HP Printer to the default printer will definitely resolve most of the issues. Given below are the required step that you can try to set your printer as default one:
- Firstly, press the Windows logo key and R key simultaneously to open the Run dialog.
- Now, type “Control Panel” in that dialog box and press “Enter” key.
- From the “Control Panel” window, click on the “Devices and Printers” option and then right-click on your “HP printer” icon.
- Choose “Set as default printer” option and then click “Yes” button to confirm.
Once you are done with the above steps, print a test page to check if the HP Printer Not Printing Black issue has been resolved. If still facing the issue, go to the next method.
Method 04: Reinstall HP Printer Driver
Sometimes, you may face problems while printing your documents with HP Printer due to faulty or outdated printer drivers. In such cases, check whether the driver installed for your printer is outdated or corrupted. If they are, then reinstall it from the manufacturer’s website. Visit the official HP website to download and install the latest printer driver in your system. Once the driver is installed, start printing to check if your printer is working fine.
Contact Technical Support Team for Quality Help & Support
Hope the above information has helped you to Fix HP Printer Not Printing Black issue. If you are still facing any issue with your HP printer, give an instant call at the HP support number. Our top-most tech specialists are available 24*7 to fix your issues.