Are you getting Brother printer spooler errors while printing or scanning your documents? A print spooler is software that allows us to manage all the printing jobs on any printer. And, like any other software, you may experience issues with the spooler, as well. One of the common issues is Brother printers stuck on spooling which makes the printer corrupt or unavailable to connect. If you are facing the printer spooler malfunctioning issue in your Brother Printer, try to fix it as soon as possible otherwise you cannot use your printer effectively. Here, in this article, we have mentioned common causes and proper troubleshooting methods to fix Brother Printer Spooler errors.
What Does it Mean When Brother Printer is Spooling?
The word ‘spooling’ is a computer programming term that organizes data or information and passes it across devices. Such data can be further passed to devices, like printers, that have low memory and are usually slow to handle the data.
Your printer might display error messages like: ‘Printer Spooler Error’, ‘Printer connection failed’, ‘the local print spooler service not running’, etc. that indicates the spooler issue. These printer error messages are quite frustrating and make your printer unable to work properly.
Common Brother Printer Spooler Issues
There are various issues involving the spooler that can occur with printers when you try to print your document, files, or images. Instances may arise when the Brother printer spooler gets faulty or corrupted due to some technical reasons. Given below are some common issues that you can face with the spoolers of Brother printer:
- Print jobs get stuck in the queue.
- Data or documents in the spooler get corrupted/damaged and the spooler cannot translate it for the printer.
- Spooler service failure causes barriers to the transfer of information between printer and computer.
Quick Steps to Fix Brother Printer Stuck on Spooling Error
In order to fix the Brother print spooler service not running error, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, switch off your Brother Printer and click on the Windows key or the Start button on the keyboard.
- Now, type Control Panel in the search box and choose the Control Panel option from the search result.
- Then, look and click on the Administrative Tools option from the Control Panel window.
- Next, find the “Service” option and double-click it to open.
- After that, scroll down in the Service window till you get the Print Spooler option.
- Then, right-click on the Print Spooler option and select Stop from the list of options that appear on the screen. Now, open the Printer software installed in your system to find the print jobs queued.
- Delete all the corrupted printed jobs from the list, mainly those jobs which completely failed to print.
- After that, go back to the Print Spooler window and activate it by right-clicking on it.
At last, switch ON your Brother printer and print a sample document to check if the printer spooler issue is resolved.
How do I Reset Brother Printer Spooler?
If you are still getting the “Print Spooler Service is not running, failed to start, or RPC Server is not available” error, apply the following steps to manually restart the print spooler:
- Open your Windows system and go to the Administrative Tools folder.
- Double-click on Services and double-click on the Print Spooler.
- Now, ensure that the Startup Type is set to Automatic. If not, select “Automatic” from the dropdown list.
- Check if the Service Status is Started or Running. If the Service Status is indicated as “Stopped” or “Paused”, click the Start button. If the service status is already “Started” or “Running”, click the Stop button.
- Once the service is successfully stopped, then press the Start button.
- When the service is properly started, try to use or reinstall the printer driver.
These are the simple and quick steps that you can follow to easily fix the Brother Printer spooler error. However, if you’re facing the issue even after the above-given instructions, try to find the main cause of the issue. You can also take help from Brother Printer customer support team. The experienced and skilled technical professionals are available 24*7 to fix all brother-related queries.