A printer is a handy electronic device that you use to get hard copies of soft documents from your phone & computer. Nowadays, printer is used almost everywhere, from your home, school, colleges to office. However, you may face some issues while using your printer. Sometimes, your printer may go is paused state. The reason behind this pausing is not always constant and you have to unpause it at the earliest.
Wondering why my printer is paused how do I unpause it? If yes, then go through this article to know in detail about this issue and its troubleshooting.
Why Print Jobs Paused Automatically on Windows 10?
It is quite easy to unpause printer of Windows 10’s system. It can be noticed that the networked printers get paused randomly in comparison to others. To bring your printer in a normal state, you have to click on the resume button. When you do so, the printers again became in the stable state and will work normally to print your document.
- Firstly, go to the print server and right-click on the printer in which you are facing a problem. Click on the Properties option and then go to the ‘Advanced Tab’.
- Then, click on the ‘Print Directly to Printer’ option. You can also open services. MSC and click on the printer spooler service to check if the printer stuck in a pause state.
- Open the ‘General’ option and change the start-up option to automatic.
How to Reset the Paused Printer?
If you see that your printer keeps pausing even after trying the above steps, then you can reset it to fix the issue. Before resetting a paused printer, check its physical connections and if everything is OK, perform the following steps to print your documents.
- Go to the Control Panel and find ‘Devices and Printers’. Right-click on the printer followed by the click on ‘See what’s Printing’ option.
- Then click on the printer tab and uncheck ‘Pause Printing’ from the drop-down menu. ‘Use Printer Offline’ in this menu is the option you should click on if the printer isn’t on pause.
How to Unpause The Paused Printer?
You can follow the steps given below to resolve the printer paused error:
- Click on the ‘start’ button and then navigate to ‘settings’ option. This will open the ‘Printers’ option from the desktop screen.
- Right-click on the Printer icon and select the ‘Pause Printing’ or “work offline” option. If these options are already checked, then uncheck mark from there.
- Now, print your document again. If the still exists. Then apply the following steps:
- Then, switch off the printer and disconnect it from the network.
- Connect your PC/laptop with the help of a parallel cable.
- Turn on your HP printer again and print the document again to check if the issue has been solved.
Quick Tips to Unpause the Printer
- An error or a bug can create a problem for your printer. Firstly, fix a printer spooler error message or cancel all the print commands to get out of the issue.
- Before applying any troubleshooting method, go to the ‘Control Panel’ and check if any print command is in left pending.
- Double-check all the physical connections between the printer and the CPU. If any issue is found, fix it.
- The printer will show you alerts if any issue is encountered. Your printer will not work there is a paper jam or if there is no ink in the cartridge.
The above-mentioned steps will definitely help you in troubleshooting the HP printer paused issue. If the problem still exists, then there might be some hardware issues with your printer. In such a case, find the cause of your problem and the proper solution to fix it. Launch Print Assist to set up and get the most out of your printer.