Nowadays, when we all are living in the digital era, it is very easy to manage our documents digitally. This is great for the environment as printing your documents on both sides can definitely save trees. Sometimes printing can’t be avoided, like making assignments, etc. In such cases, you can print your documents on both sides to save trees and money. Double-sided printing also makes your hard copies look neat. In this article, we have mentioned proper methods that you must know for how to print double-sided on Mac.
How can I Print Double-Sided on Your Mac?
Whether you have to print double-sided on MacBook air or any other Mac device, you have to apply certain steps for yourself. First of all, check whether your printer is supporting double-sided printing or not. If it supports it, you can print on both sides of the paper on your Mac directly from a Word document or from your internet browser. Actually, the content you’re printing doesn’t matter, what matters is the application form which you are printing.
The Print menu appears a little different for different apps from which you are printing. Therefore the Print menu layout varies as per the file where you turn on the double-sided printing option. On your Mac device, you can press the Cmd + P keys to access the Print menu. Alternatively, you can click on File > Print in most applications to print them.
Steps to Print Double-Sided From Pages
Once you select the file that you have to print double-sided, change printer settings to print double-sided on Mac. For this:
- Open the Print menu, and make sure that the “Two-Sided” checkbox is ticked-mark.
- If not, click on that button to enable it.
- At last, click the Print button.
After completing these steps, your printer will print all your documents on both sides of the paper!
If you print your documents using a Mac-based application, you will get the above Print menu format. You can access some additional features in the main Print menu of the app like Preview, but enable the Two-sided checkbox for double-sided printing.
Printing Double-Sided From Google Chrome
If you are printing your documents from Google and unable to print on both sides, check if Mac’s two-sided printing is OFF. If it is Off, go through the following steps:
- To enable the double-sided print option from Google Chrome on your Mac, you have to open the Print menu. Then, tap the down-facing arrow next to More settings.
- Scroll down and check if the box between Two-sided and Print on both sides option is enabled. Now, from the dropdown menu asking how you want the print to flip, select one among the long edge or the short edge.
- Choose Flip on the long edge if you have to read your printout like a book. You can select the Flip on the short edge option from the dropdown to read your printout like a stenographer’s spiral top notepad.
- At last, click the Print button, after which your printer will start duplex printing.
How to Print Double-Sided on Mac Word?
Follow the below-given steps for printing double-sided from Microsoft office:
- Navigate to the Print menu, and change the third dropdown option from Copies & Pages to Layout.
- Click the dropdown menu in the Two-Sided section and choose Long-Edge to print book-like double-sided printouts.
- If you select Short-Edge binding, it will print your document like a spiral top notepad-like printout. The booklet option will print your documents two pages side by side on one sheet of paper in landscape mode.
- You can even change the menu to OFF to disable double-sided printing. You just have to uncheck the Two-Sided box in other Print menu setups.
How do I print double-sided on Adobe Reader Mac?
In Acrobat or Reader, go to File> Print. Choose Print On Both Sides Of Paper in the printer dialog box. Run Print Command. However, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to print a double-sided PDF:
- Open the PDF document that you have to print.
- Go to File > Print or press Ctrl + P keys to execute Print.
- Select the necessary printer from which you have to print.
- Check the box adjacent to Print on both sides of the paper. Choose Flip on long edge or flip on short edge option, as your requirement.
The above steps will help you to know how to turn on two-sided printing on Mac PDF.
Printing on both sides of a paper can save both paper and trees. We hope the above-mentioned methods help you to successfully print double-sided from your Mac. If you experience any problems while trying these steps, feel free to contact the technical support team of your printer brand. The professional experts are always available to you to fix all issues with your printer.