Epson is one of the most popular printer brands and is mainly known for its high-quality printing and impressive functionalities. But sometimes, you may face some problems while printing your documents using the Epson printing device. Usually, such problem occurs due to incorrect driver programs. When such an issue arises, it is important to know the exact cause of it and apply proper troubleshooting methods to bring the Epson printer back to a working state.
When your Epson printer displays any error message, don’t feel bad about it. One of the common problems that may occur with your printer is the Epson printer filter failed or stopped. The stopped functioning of your Epson printer mainly occurs due to filter failure. Here, in this article, we have provided a few common methods that you can try to fix Epson Printer Filter Failed Mac Error.
What Causes Epson Printer Filter Failed Error On Mac?
As mentioned, it is important to know the exact cause of the error on your system. In this section, we have mentioned a few common reasons why Epson Printer Filter Failed on the Mac issue arises.
- Defective Printer’s Driver: As it is mentioned earlier that the error mainly arises because of a faulty printer’s driver, so it is important to check if your printer driver is outdated or malfunctioned. Sometimes your printer’s driver became inaccessible due to corruption and starts showing you this error on the Epson printer.
- Compatibility Issue: In a few cases, the Epson printer fails to meet the minimum requirements of Mac OS and thus results in giving such errors. If there are compatibility issues between your printer and the Mac’s OS, you should install a compatible driver on your Mac to fix the error.
- Improper Paper settings: If somehow the paper settings are not done properly then you may encounter this error on your Epson printer. So it is important to configure your paper settings to fix this problematic situation.
- Faulty Printer Software: If there is any issue with the printer software, then you may get this error on your Epson printer. In such cases, you have to reinstall the software to fix the problem.
How do I Fix Epson Printer Filter Failed Error on Mac?
If your Epson printer gets stopped due to the filter failed error, it is important to apply the exact troubleshooting method. This error can be easily resolved by reinstalling the software for your device. The error may not appear after reinstallation of the printer software on your Mac. However, below are some quick steps that you can apply to install the Epson printer software on the Mac. Just go through these steps one by one to fix the issue.
- Firstly, turn off your printer. Next, go to Open System Preferences>Print & Fax.
- Locate the name of your printer and then tap the “-“ button to remove it from the list.
- Now, select the option to delete the name of your printer and then close the ‘Print & Fax’ window.
- Next, go to your hard drive. Follow this path: Library->Printers. Thereafter, locate and delete the ‘Epson’ folder.
- Now, again go to your hard drive and go to the path: Library->Printers->PPD->Contents->Resources. Then find your printing device from the list that appears on the screen. After getting your Epson printer, remove it from the list.
- Now, go to the following steps: Library->Cache. Delete the ‘Epson’ folder. After completion of this step, click the cross button located in the top right corner to close the window of the hard drive.
Once you are done with the above steps, restart the computer and turn ON your printing machine. After that:
- Visit the official site of Epson and check for your Epson printer model and find the driver software for it. Once you find it, download the software in your device.
- Wait till the download process is successfully completed. When the file is downloaded, open it and go through the on-screen instructions to install it. After completion of the installation process, the job is almost done.
- At last, you have to verify if the issue still persists. For this, print a sample document and check whether or not your printer is working fine. If you are able to print your document, the issue has been resolved.
Hope, the above steps help you to fix the Epson printer filter failed error. As the error is mainly due to a faulty driver in your system, so it is important to ensure that the printer drivers are properly updated. Go through the stepwise instructions mentioned above to install the software freshly. The instructions will definitely help you to fix the Epson printer filter failed error message. If the error still persists, get in touch with the customer service team of Epson printer to fix the issue.