Canon printers are one of the most popular printer’s brands that produces several printing options. You need a standard USB data cable to connect the printer with your computer and to enjoy unlimited printing access. However, if you are facing Canon printer not printing you need to determine why won’t my canon printer print wirelessly. Once you come to know the exact reason, apply various troubleshooting methods to fix your problem.
Why Is Canon Printer Not Printing Properly?
There can be several reasons that may cause your “Canon printer is not printing properly” issue. You need to identify proper cause of this problem before applying any Canon printer troubleshooting methods. Check out some of the most common causes from below:
- There might be some printing jobs left pending in the printer queue.
- Paper jams makes your printer unable to print.
- When the printer has lost its connection with your Mac or Windows system.
- Faulty drivers or wireless connection can also stop printer to print your document.
- Fluctuating power to the printer can cause a problem.
- Inability to print through mobile phones can prevent you to print your documents.
How do I Fix Canon Printer Not Responding problem?
Once you come to know the exact cause of this problem, follow the steps given below to fix Canon printer not printing issues.
- Firstly, reset your Mac or Windows system from which you need to print any document.
- Check whether you have a strong connection between your printer and the system. If the signal strength is low, keep your Canon printer within the range of the network router to have a high-speed facility.
- To check the signal strength, you have to print the Network Settings sheet and execute all the mandatory steps to resolve the Canon printer troubleshooting problem.
- The issue can also be caused due to poor communication between the network router.
- Turn off the printer and the router, and then power them on again to restore the communication.
- There might be some problem due to activated firewall software on your system. As this may block the communication between your system and the printer.
- Turn off the firewall or other third-party application on your system for a while.
Once you are done with the above steps, ensure that the Canon PIXMA printer and your system are properly connected with the same Wireless Fidelity network.
How Can I fix my Canon Printer Printing Black Colour Issue?
You may face some instances when your Canon printer won’t print black without colour. In such a case, your printer may print blank pages. You can easily fix this problem by successfully executing the below-given steps:
- Before moving further in the troubleshooting method, check whether you are using ink cartridges that are fine and compatible with your Canon printer.
- Also, check that the printer is not kept on a hot surface.
- Clean the printhead of your printer from your system to troubleshoot some common Canon printer issues.
- Then, open the My Computer window on your system.
- Select Control Panel from the menu and then click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Right-click on the printer model that you are using and then choose the Properties button.
- Navigate to the Properties tab and check whether the device settings are properly configured.
- Select the Preferences option, then click on the Services button and then select the Clean Printhead option.
- Carry out the above instructions again till your printhead is fully cleaned.
Once you are done with the above steps, check whether the blank page issue is solved. It must be noted that the Canon printer won’t print black without colour ink. So before printing your document, check your int cartridge has sufficient amount of ink.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Canon printer not printing when the ink is full?
If you are unable to print from your Canon printer even if you have full ink, then check whether the print head nozzles are clogged. Clean the Print Head and then print the nozzle check pattern to check whether the ink is properly ejected. If the problem still exists, then perform print head deep cleaning.
Why is my Canon printer connected but not printing?
There can be several reasons for your Canon printer not printing properly. Some of them are given below:
- There might be pending print jobs in the printer queue.
- Paper jams can also cause the printer’s not printing issue.
- There might be some faulty drivers or wireless connection that makes your printer unable to print.
Can you manually clean a printhead?
You can follow the steps given below to clean the printhead manually:
- Bring your ink cartridges to the centre and then remove it from the cartridge carriage.
- Lift up on the latch and release the printhead from the printer.
- Pull the printhead up and out to remove it from the printer.