When it comes to printing, HP has become an extremely efficient printer brand that offers outstanding features to make work easy and smooth. Sometimes you may face issues due to incompatible ink cartridges or HP ink system failure while printing your document from any HP printer model. This error leads to poor-quality prints and low-ink warning error messages. If you are getting this error message, then immediately replace your ink cartridge. However, if you are not familiar with the HP printer ink replacement process, then go through the step-by-step tutorial mentioned below.
When Should I Put Ink in HP Printer?
Usually, an “out of ink” message starts appearing on your printer’s display screen which means that it’s time for new cartridges. But there are certain instances, as well, when you need to replace your printer’s ink. Here, we have discussed other instances for same:
- Low ink or toner in your printer cartridge.
- The quality of the print starts getting fade.
If you are facing such a problem while printing from HP OfficeJet 4650 printer or any other model, it’s time to get a new cartridge for it.
How to Open HP printer to Change Ink?
Before changing or replacing cartridges in popular HP printer models, like HP printer 4650, it is important to open the printer carefully.
You just need to press the cartridge access button on your printer body. The button is located on the control panel of the printer. Gently press that button to pull up the cartridge compartment cover.
Important Tips Before Changing Ink Cartridge in HP Printer
There are certain things that you need to remember before changing ink in any HP printer model like HP printer Deskjet 3700, Deskjet 2332, etc. These includes:
- Only opt for replacing an ink cartridge when you see a dip in the ink level appearing on the control panel screen.
- Always purchase the ink cartridge as per your printer model as many cartridges might be incompatible with your specific model.
- The manufacturing company, HP, releases its own inkjet hardware and that is country-specific. Always check the specific serial and label number mentioned on the ink cartridge before replacing them.
- Make a note of the cartridge number and its type as they vary as per the product type.
Last but not least, check whether the software like HP Solution Center is updated to its latest version, if installed on your computer.
Quick Steps to Change or Replace Ink in HP Printers
Once you make note of everything mentioned in the above section, it’s time to change the ink cartridge in your printer. For replacing ink in HP 8025 printer or other models, follow the simple steps that are mentioned below:
- Turn on your HP printer and open the printer’s exterior cover along with its cartridge access door.
- Wait for some time and once your printer goes to an idle mode start the HP printer ink replacement process.
- Release the old cartridge from the printer’s slot by gently pressing it.
- Remove the plastic tape with a pink pull tab to unwrap the new cartridge. Avoid touching the copper-colored ink nozzles as this can cause an ink failure and faulty electrical connection with the printer.
- Now, insert the new cartridge in its correct slot. There are two cartridge slots: Tri-color slot located on the left and Black slot on the right side.
- Gently slide the new ink cartridge with the printed label facing upward. Try pushing the cartridge towards the back until it gets placed in its right place.
- Once done, close the top cover of the ink cartridge door and wait till the test page appears to print on your device screen.
After following the above-mentioned steps, go to the control panel of your printer to check the ink levels. If it is indicating full, then you are ready to print. You can take help of software like HP Assistant if you are facing any issue with the above steps.
Winding it up
When you understand the instances as well as proper steps for HP printer ink replacement, it’s time to execute the steps. In this article, we mentioned all the information about the ink change procedures for several models of the HP printer. We also came across important tips that you need to keep in mind before changing the ink cartridges. We hope this blog will help you in solving all your queries.