Many times, when you try to print your document with HP printers, it will display an error state message that makes your printer unable to print properly. Whenever you face such issues while printing your document, try to identify the root cause of it and proper troubleshooting methods to get out of it. There can be various causes of the “printer in error state” error message. Even after trying various methods, you may be unable to resolve it.
How do I Resolve HP Printer In Error State Problem?
Worried about HP Printer offline issue? If yes, don’t panic. Here in this article, we have mentioned some popular troubleshooting methods that you can try to bring your HP LaserJet or any other printer out of an error state. These methods will provide you answer to How do I get my HP printer out of the error state?
Method 1: Check the Connection and Restart Your Devices
It is important to have a properly established connection between your printer and computer. So, check that all your devices have connectivity to each other and also ensure that the network is properly working. Whether you are using a wireless network or a Bluetooth network, it is important that the network should be in a stable state. Also, check if there is any problem with the cable which you are using for the connection with your HP Envy or the model you are using.
Sometimes the problem can be resolved by restarting all your devices. All you have to do is, switch off your computer along with the printer altogether and keep it like that for a while. After that, again turn on the devices to check if the error is fixed.
Method 2: Disable the Use Printer Offline option
Many users claim that you can easily fix the HP printer not printing issue just by disabling the Use Printer offline option. For this:
- First of all, press Windows + R keys. Type Control Panel and hit Enter key to open the Control Panel on your system.
- In the Control Panel window, double-click over Devices and Printers.
- Locate and right-click on your HP printer and select the Use Printer Online button on the drop-down list. If the list has a Use Printer in the Offline option, deselect it.
The above steps will help you to disable the HP Officejet printer or your printer model’s offline mode in Windows 10 or in any other Windows version. If this method hasn’t helped you to get out to fix the HP printer in error state problem, then move your printer to default mode.
Method 3: Verify Print Spooler services
It is very important to check the status of Print Spooler services, i.e., if it is a Running state. Follow the steps given below to verify and reset the Print Spooler services.
- Simply press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialogue box.
- Now type services.msc in the search box and hit Enter key.
- Locate Print Spooler from the list and make sure its status is indicated as Started or Running.
- Now double-click on Print Spooler to open Print Spooler Properties.
- Then, click the General tab and go to Startup Type, click the tab next to it and select Automatic on the list. Now click on Apply button followed by the click on the Ok button.
- Next, go to the Recovery tab and make the following adjustments in the boxes:
- Set Restart the Service against First and Second Failure.
- In the Subsequent Failure box, select Take no Action.
- Set “Reset fail count after” and “Reset service after” to 1 day and 1 minute, respectively.
- Now click on Apply button and then click the Ok button to save the settings.
How do I Fix HP Printer is in an error state on Mac?
If you printer is showing error message even after enabled Air Print, then use HP Print and Scan Doctor to detect issue in your printer. You can follow the steps given below to fix the problem with the HP Deskjet or your printer model at the earliest:
- First of all, disconnect the cable connection between your printer and your Mac. If you have a wireless printer, then disconnect it as well.
- Now remove the cord from the power socket to turn off your printer.
- Install the latest software update for your Mac. It is recommended to install the software only from your printer manufacturer’s website.
- Turn on your printer and wait for a while. Now reconnect your printer with Mac and go through the Apple menu > System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
- Now, select your printer from the list of devices that appeared on the screen.
If your printer is not available in the list, click + at the bottom of the list, then choose the command to add a printer or scanner. The window will then automatically open your more way to find and add a printer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does HP Printer in an Error State indicate?
This error message indicated that there is some problem either with your printer or with its software. Mainly this issue occurs because of the minor issues in connection and loss wire.
Why is my Printer in an Error state?
Printer in error state problem is mainly due to the printer is jammed problems or the driver got corrupted. The error can also appear when there is low ink in the cartridge.
How do I reset my HP printer error message?
First of all, remove the ink cartridges from the printer. Then, disconnect the power cord from the printer and Unplug the power cord from the power source. Wait for at least 60 seconds and then again reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer. Now, print a sample document to ensure everything is working well.