HP is a popular printer brand and is mainly known for its amazing features. But sometimes, you may face problems while printing your documents with HP printers. These issues appear as error codes on your device’s screen and especially occur if you keep on using your printers for long. Whenever you get any error code while printing your document using an HP printer, you must know what that error means. Here, we have mentioned the HP printer error codes list that contains a few common errors that occur while using HP printers.
Some Common Errors From HP Printer Error Code List
Is your HP printer in error state? If yes, you need to find the exact cause of it. There are several reasons why an error message appears. In this section, we have mentioned some common error codes and adequate troubleshooting methods to fix them.
HP Printer Error Code 0xc19a0003
This issue occurs due to any problem with the ink system, mainly because of its failure. You can easily fix this issue by resetting your HP Printer. All you have to do is:
- Press and hold the power button of your printer to turn it ON.
- Once it is ON, remove the attached power cord from the back of the printer and its outlet.
- Wait for about 30 seconds and then re-connect both wires back to the wall socket and HP printer, respectively.
- Turn on your HP Printer and check if the issue is solved. If it still persists, remove and clean the print head and reinstall it.
HP Printer Error Code 0x00829c98
If you are getting this error code, then it’s time to change the print head and cartridge of your printer. With the regular use of the printer for a long time, its elements like print head and cartridge may get deteriorate. In such cases, you can follow the below-given steps to replace them with the new one:
- Gently remove the print head of your printer along with all the cartridges.
- Insert a new one into the printer carriage. Make sure you do not touch the electrical contacts and ink nozzles of your printer, as it can deteriorate the print quality.
- Always try to use the original cartridge that comes up with your printer. This prevents several common errors and startup failures.
- Now turn ON your printer to check if your printer is working properly.
HP Printer Error Code 0xc19a0040
Among several HP inkjet printer error codes, code 0xc19a0040 occurs when the print head is missing or incorrectly installed. You can fix this error by applying the following steps:
- First of all, try to Hard Reset the device.
- If it doesn’t work, reinsert the ink cartridges. You can even reconnect the printer with your device and update its firmware to fix the issue.
HP Printer Error Code 79
The HP Envy Printer Error Code 79 mainly occurs when you switch from ink to laser printer. This error message is exclusive to laser printers and indicates that the print job is corrupt or the printer firmware is outdated. If you are facing the same problem, try to update the printer’s firmware to the latest version. Once done, restart your computer and printer and check if you are able to print.
HP Printer Error Code 30
This error code indicates that the printer is not in the activated state even if there is a proper connection between the wall plug and the computer. You can easily fix this HP laserjet printer error code by updating your printer’s drivers. You just have to perform a clean sweep even if your device has updated printing drivers.
You just have to open the Control Panel in your system and locate your printer and uninstall it. Then, search for your HP drivers if installed on your device and remove them. After that, disconnect the printer from the computer and connect it again. Visit the official web page of HP, find your printer model, and download the full driver suite on your computer.
HP Smart Test Error Code 303
You may experience this error code only if there is an issue with the hard drive. In such cases, it is good to check your hard drive and if any fault with the platter is found, then your hard drive may be defective or damaged. Immediately replace that hard drive with a new one in order to fix the issue.
Still Getting HP Printer Error Codes?
In this article, we have mentioned only a few error codes that occur while using HP printers. If you are getting any other errors or need help in troubleshooting the mentioned error codes, feel free to contact us. You can even take help from HP’s technical support team.