Hp printers are popularly known for their features and functionalities that allow users to print their documents easily. But there are some issues that you may encounter while using your printer. Though you can easily fix such issues, but it is important to find the exact cause of your problem. You can also contact HP Printer Assistant to fix your problems. To connect your printer wirelessly with any device, you need to find HP Printer IP address. With this Ip address, you cannot connect your printer with any device.
Here in this article, we have mentioned in detail that how you can easily find out the IP address on your HP printer while using the same without any interruptions. You must note that in order to establish an HP printer setup on the network, you must know the unique IP address. There are multiple methods that you can try to find the hp printer IP address. Check this article to know more!
Where Can I Find the IP address on My HP Printer?
There are several methods to find your network’s IP address for an HP printer. The method that you use depends on the type of printer you are using or limitations on network access. But it is very important to know Where is the IP address located on my HP printer.
Whether you are using a Mac or Windows 10 system, you must know where can I find the IP address. To find the IP address, you need to right-click on your printer and then click on the “Properties” option. Navigate to the “General” tab and then you will see the IP address under the “Location” option. Now, note the numbers that appear on the right label as it is the IP address of your printer. In case of any problem, get in touch with the HP Support Assistant team. They will assist you in all possible ways.
Quick Steps to Find the HP Printer IP address
You can follow the steps given below to find the IP address of most of the printer models:
- First of all, turn on your HP Printer and tap the “Menu” or “Setup” button.
- Now, go to the network setup options by using the buttons located on the onboard menu.
- Tap the “Enter” key and then go through the available network options using the arrows from your keyboard.
- Choose an option that indicates information like TCP/IP, IP address, Network Status, or Wi-Fi Status.
- This option will also show the IP address settings. You need to check the list and locate the IP address of your printer.
How to Find Mac IP Address on HP Printer?
If you want to know the IP address of your printer on Macbook Air, you can do so by finding the address under the ‘System Preferences’ or online by using the CUPS – Common Unix Printing System. You can follow the steps given below to find the printer IP address on Mac:
- Open your Macbook Air and click on the ‘Apple’ logo located at the upper-left corner.
- Select and open the ‘System Preferences’ and tap the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option.
- If you have connected more than one printer with your system, a list of all the connected printers will appear on the screen, double-click on the name of the printer or which you want to find the IP address.
- Right-click on it and select ‘Print and Scan’ from the context menu.
- In this dialogue box, go to the ‘Location, Kind and Status’ section under the ‘Options and Supplies’, the numbers adjacent to ‘Location’ are actually the IP address of your printer.
HP Printer IP Address Not Connected
If you are facing a problem while connecting the HP printer with an IP address, then check if there is any issue with your system’s configuration. As the router and the other network devices are using a DHCP network protocol so you can use the IP address to connect to the network device. If you are already using a static IP address to find the HP printer then remove it. Just enable the DHCP on the HP printer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to find printer IP address on iPhone?
Open the Settings of your iPhone, right-click on the network printer, and then click Properties. The printer’s IP address will appear under the Ports tab.
Is IP address same as MAC address?
No, both MAC Address and IP Address are used to uniquely identify a machine on the internet. MAC Address defines the physical address of your computer and IP Address is a logical address of the computer and is used to uniquely locate computer connected via a network.