There are several printer errors that you may encounter while printing your documents. Whenever you face any printer error, firstly try to find its exact cause as workaround depends totally on the root cause. Sometimes, your printer may develop some problem itself and thus makes you unable to print your documents. However, it is very easy to resolve such issues by configuring some settings in your Windows system. One of the common issues is, ”Word cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup.” Here, in this article, we have mentioned common methods that you can try to fix this error message permanently.
What Causes Word can’t Print Error Message?
As explained, there are many reasons for the “Word can’t print due to current printer setup Windows 10” error message. Some of the main causes for the issue are given below:
- Corrupted document files or damaged content in the document.
- There might be some issues in the Word program.
- Defects in the printer driver or system components
- Outdated or corrupted Windows Operating system or its registry files
- The improper connection between hardware of the device
Simple Tests That Will Help You to Detect Exact Cause of Printing Issues
Along with software like HP Printer Assistant, there are many other tests that you can perform to detect such issues with your device. Given below are some common tests that can easily help you to know the exact cause of the issue:
- Try to print the other documents, check if you are able to print them.
- Just try to print something from other programs or apps.
- Manually check if there is any outdated printer driver installed on your device.
- Also, test the Word files using other settings to print your documents.
How to Fix Word Can’t Print Due to Improper Printer Setup?
As we know, there are several reasons by which you cannot print your documents directly from your printer. Mainly, HP printers cannot print due to improper printer setup or improper configurations. Given below are some quick steps that you can follow to fix this issue:
- Firstly, close or exit all the Office programs that you are currently running on your system.
- Click the “Start” menu and type “Add remove” or navigate to the “Control panel”.
- Now, click on the “Add or remove programs” option.
- Then, you need to click on the “Change or remove programs” followed by a click on the “Microsoft Office Word” option.
- At last, click on the “Change” option and tap the “Repair” or “Repair Word” option.
- Once you are done with the above steps, click on the “Continue” or “Next” button appearing on the screen to complete the process.
Some printer models support the ‘Print Anywhere Function’ that allows users to print their documents from anywhere. You can enable this option by executing these steps:
- Check whether the wireless connection between your printer and Computer is proper.
- If you have HP smart app, open it and choose print settings.
- Now, navigate to the Print anywhere tab and enter login credentials to sign in to your account.
- Now log in with your existing account credentials. If you don’t have a username and password, create a new HP account.
- Next, select the ‘enable’ option and then navigate to the printing screen & check if the print anywhere features is enabled or not.
Hope, the printing problem is resolved by applying the above-mentioned steps. If the problem still persists on your screen, then use the “Clean-boot troubleshooting” option. This will help you in determining the exact cause of the issue so that you can take relevant corrective measures to fix it. However, you can also visit 123.hp.com/setup if the issue still persists on screen. This website will help you to provide the customer support executives to help you with the best solutions to fix your issues.