Everyone who is using HP printer need not be introduced to HP Printer Assistant and its functions. However, if you have recently brought an HP Printer home and completely unaware of what an HP Printer assistant is and why is it so important for you, then this article shall be helpful for you. This article will highlight all the essential things that you should know about this assistant.
What is HP Printer Assistant?
As you can easily guess by its name, the printer assistant helps you in managing most of the tasks related to your HP Printer. It assists a user whenever he needs any help with his printer such as scanning the documents, placing an order for ink supplies, checking the left-out ink in the cartridges, and so on. The assistant can be easily used for managing printer models such as hp OfficeJet pro 8610, 8620 8625, 8630, hp OfficeJet 4650 printer, hp envy 4500 Printer, and others.
HP Printer Assistant software download
You do not need to install hp printer software for Windows 10 & Mac because it gets downloaded on your device along with the printer drivers. But, if it is not there on your PC, then you may easily download it using the steps below:
- From a preferred browser, go to HP Software and Driver Downloads page.
- On the next screen, select ‘Printer’ as your product option.
- In the given field, enter your printer model and hit ‘submit’.
- Click ‘Download’ present under the ‘Drivers’ heading.
- If you wish to change your operating system, select ‘Change’.
- Choose one of the methods for download: ‘Typical’ or ‘Recommended’.
- Along with the printer drivers, Printer Assistant will also get downloaded.
HP utility Mac download
Since HP printer assistant is not available for Mac users, therefore HP has provided Mac users with a replacement program known as HP Utility. Users do not need to download HP Utility on their Mac devices as it is already downloaded with the HP printer driver. However, if you are unable to locate it or open it, use the steps that follow:
- Select the ‘Apple’ menu> System Preferences> Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners option.
- Select your printer name > Options & Supplies > Utility.
- On this page, select ‘Open Printer Utility’.
What if the HP printer assistant won’t open?
If the hp printer assistant fails to open on your device, then you may try the solutions given in hp printer troubleshooting guide.
Uninstall and reinstall printer drivers
This is one of the most effective solutions to get your HP Printer Assistant or HP support Assistant working again. To do so, uninstall the HP Printer driver from your device and then reinstall it from the official website of HP.
Restart your printer and computer
Most of the time, this simple trick is enough to get your printer assistant back on track. All you need to do is restart your printer as well as the computer and open the program to see if it works.
Check your internet connection
Since most of the functions of HP assistant works through the internet, therefore you need to check your internet connection for stability.
In case your problem is not resolved even after trying these steps, you may navigate to 123.hp.com/setup for hp printer setup and installation help and fixing problems related to the assistant.
Does HP printer assistant work on Mac?
HP printer assistant is printer management software that helps you with most of the tasks that are related to your printer. However, the printer assistant is not available for Mac users but there is a replacement for it. Mac users are offered HP Printer Utility which provides the same functionality to the users.
How do I find the hp printer assist?
You can use the ‘Search’ mechanism of your device to find HP Printer Assistant on it. All you need to do is enter the model number of your printer and tap on it to open the assistant. In case there is a shortcut of printer assistant on your desktop, just tap on it, and then open the printer assistant.
Where is hp printer assist located?
The hp printer assist is located in the file of your HP Printer driver. To find it, you need to tap on your printer and go to Printer ‘Properties’. If you are unable to find it on your device, then you must update the printer driver and it will come equipped with the driver.
How do I program my HP printer?
To program your printer on Windows, follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel from the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ section.
- Click on the ‘Add a Printer’ option.
- Then, choose your printer and click ‘Next’.
- Follow some easy prompts that appear on-screen.
How do I get my HP printer to scan to my computer?
- Place the document on the scanner glass accordingly.
- Then, open the HP Printer Assistant.
- On the resulting window, select ‘Scan’.
- After that, select the ‘Scan a Document or Photo’ option.
- Make the desired changes and click ‘Scan’.
Do HP printers update automatically?
Most of the renowned printers including HP undergo automatic driver updates that too sometimes without the knowledge of the user. However, if you do not want this to happen with your printer drivers, you can turn this feature off by disabling the auto-update feature.
How do I get my HP printer to print?
- Install the latest printer driver on your device.
- Then, select the file that you wish to print.
- Press the Ctrl+P keyboard buttons.
- On the next screen, choose ‘HP Printer’.
- If you want, you can modify its settings as well.
- Finally, hit the ‘Print’ button.
How to reinstall hp printer drivers?
To re-install the printer drivers on your device, first, you need to uninstall it from the ‘Programs and Features’ menu. After removing the printer from the list, go to the official website of HP, and download the driver for your printer model from the Software and Driver Downloads menu.
How do I activate my HP printer?
To activate your hp printer driver, you can follow the steps given below:
- Go to the hp website and enter your printer model.
- Look for the available drivers for the same.
- Download the drivers for your device.
- To activate it, just open the downloaded driver file.
How do I connect my HP wireless printer to my Mac?
- First, click on the ‘Apple’ menu.
- After that, click on ‘System Preferences’.
- Then, choose ‘Printers & Scanners’ from the list.
- Select the ‘Add’ button from the list.
- Next, select the ‘Default’ button.
- Select the ‘Printer’ from the ‘Printers’ list.
- Click ‘Add’ once again.
Why is my printer not working with Windows 10?
In case your printer is not working with Windows 10, then you might be using outdated printer drivers on your device. To fix this issue, you should install the latest printer drivers on your device or reinstall them after uninstalling them.
What to do if a hp printer won’t turn on?
In this scenario, you need to disconnect all the cords attached to your printer and also disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet. After that, wait for a few minutes and then reconnect all the cables and press the power button for a few seconds. This will let your printer restore the power.