Lexmark printer is known as one of the most usable and fabulous printers because of its best printing facilities. But sometimes, users experience some technical offline problems issues while printing their documents from printers. This problem can be due to improper Lexmark printer setup or any other technical glitches. When Lexmark printer keeps going offline, you must know why is my Lexmark printer offline windows 10 and how to fix Lexmark printer offline issues. There are several methods to bring an offline Lexmark printer online. Now, check out multiple solutions to do so from the following article.
Why My Lexmark Printer is Displaying Offline Status?
Printers are one of the most important IT devices that people use almost every day. Whether you are using the printer at your home or office, you can fix the issue easily by applying some methods. When there is a Lexmark printer not printing issue in your printer, it may stop functioning properly. This Lexmark printer offline issue can occur due to any of the following reasons:
- Printer Settings: Sometimes due to improper printer settings, it might appear as offline or even it stops printing. In such a case, change such settings to bring it again in online state.
- USB Connection: While printing, you must make sure that the USB is properly connected to the computer. As sometimes the faulty wiring can bring your Lexmark printer in offline state.
- Old Version of Driver: Printer will run with ease if it has updated drivers. You must have the updated version of drivers installed in your system to troubleshoot the issue.
- Hardware Issue: Check whether there are any hardware-related issues, if the printer shows an offline error then hardware can be responsible for it and it may also affect the printers working.
Once you clearly identified the exact cause of your printer, apply some troubleshooting methods to bring your printer again in a working state.
How do I Resolve the Lexmark Printer Offline Issue?
There are many factors responsible for Lexmark printer offline issues. These issues must be fixed at the earliest to bring your printer again in online state. Given below are several methods to do so:
Method 1: Update Printer Driver
The Printer is offline problem can be due to old version of all the printer-related drivers installed in your printer. So, it is very important to update the printer driver on regular basis. You can opt for any of the following two methods to install the accurate drivers for your printer:
Update Manual Driver: You can manually update your printer driver on your own. For this, visit the manufacturer’s official site and search for the latest version of the driver. It is best to install a driver which is compatible with your system.
Update Automatic Driver: If you are experiencing issues while manually installing the driver in your system, then you can do it automatically. All you have to do is recognize your system and find the right driver for your printer.
Restart the Printer Spooler Device
Your printer may display some error if the print spooler service is not working properly. You can resolve the issue by applying the following issues:
- Firstly, press the Windows + R keys simultaneously on your keyboard. Type in services.msc in the run box and press the Enter key.
- Press the P key to locate the Print Spooler option. Check whether the status is running.
- In case, if the status is not indicating then right-click on the print spooler option and tap the start button.
- You can also restart the service by right-clicking the “print spooler” and click the “restart” button.
After going through the above steps, you will definitely bring your printer to the online state again. If the issues still persist, find the exact cause and then apply some other methods to fix it. For professional assistance, you can use the Lexmark Printer Technical Support Manual.