Nowadays, there are several printer brands available in the market that vary as per their functionalities and features. There are some advanced printers that help people to manage all their printing needs effectively. Canon is one of the most popular companies that provides the best printer assistance to its users worldwide.
Canon delivers high-quality and reliable printers that enable users to print their documents and images along with scan, fax, and make duplex copies. Besides all its features, we can also not deny the fact that Canon printer is basically a machine and machines sometimes create issues. Similarly, if you are facing the Canon printer won’t print or its error state problem then apply some troubleshooting methods to fix the issue at the earliest.
Why My Canon Printer Goes in Error State?
Once your Canon printer in error state, you have to apply some troubleshooting printer to bring it again to a working state. But before this, it is quite important to know the exact reason behind the Canon printer error state issue. Check some of the important causes from the following points:
- Maybe there are some outdated drivers installed on your system.
- Check if you have downloaded the correct drivers and software as per your canon printer model.
- There can be some sort of connectivity issues that can cause canon printer error state issues.
- BIOSS issue is also an important factor responsible for this issue.
How do I bring Canon Printer out of the Error State in Windows 10?
Once you come to know the exact reason for the problem, apply some techniques to fix Canon Printer offline issue. There might be several questions coming to your mind, for example- What do I do to fix Canon printer error state issue, how do I fix my canon printer error state problem, and so on. Check some of the popular solutions below:
Step 1: Restart your printer and computer:
Before applying any technical method to fix the problem, try to restart your devices. For this, simply press the power button located on your Canon printer and the computer. Keep pressing the button for approx. one minute and then leave. Then, turn them on to check if the error is fixed or not.
Step 2: Reinstall or Update your printer driver:
The “Canon printer is in error state” issue can also be due to any faulty or incomplete installation of the printer-related drivers in your system. To fix the issue, all you have to do is re-install the drivers:
- Firstly, open the official canon printer setup website in your browser.
- Locate the exact drivers and software as per your printer.
- Click on the Download button and install the file required to fix the Canon printer in error state issue.
- To install the printer’s drivers, open the downloaded file and go through all the on-screen instructions.
- The drivers will be automatically installed and at last click on the Finish button.
Once you are done with the above steps, restart your printer and computer to check if it is working well.
Step 3: Verify the connections:
There can be some connection-related issues that can bring your printer in error state. In such a case, verify your connection. For this:
- Firstly, you have to check if there is an appropriate connection between your system and printer.
- Secondly, ensure that the wireless network or cable you are using has no issue.
- If there is any kind of problem between connections, then try to establish a strong connection.
- After modifying the connections, run a test print job to check if the printer is working properly.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned methods can bring your Canon printer out of the error state. However, if you still facing any issues with your printer even after attempting the above methods, refer to the manual assistance at once.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I get my Canon printer out of the error state?
When your printer shows a error message, indicating, “Canon printer is in error state”, it means there can be some problem either with your printer or in the printer software. Sometimes there can be some kind of connection issue, loose wire or USB cable connection, and even low-speed internet that can stop your printer from working. There can be an updated or corrupted Canon printer driver installed in your system and this can show an error message.
Where Is Reset Button on My Canon Printer?
Generally, there is no specific reset button in the Canon printer, but you can use the Stop button. Most of the users prefer to use the Stop button for resetting the printer. Some people can also use the Stop button on the canon printer as the Rest button.