Due to some, or the other reasons, your printer might start showing up error messages and other problems. And, one such common problem which most Windows users share is “your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem”. This problem might come surprisingly in your way leaving you completely miserable.
But, there is always a solution to every problem and here we have multiple solutions to fix the issue.
Causes behind this issue
- There is an internal glitch
- Outdated printer drivers
- You missed an important Windows update
- There is a problem with the printer’s entry
- You are using a printer that is no longer shared
- Print jobs stuck in the print queue
Methods to fix unexpected configuration problem in the printer
Here are a couple of solutions you can try to fix as quickly as possible:
- Re-add your printer: this will resolve some minor issues with your printer’s entry
- Click on the Windows logo to open the Start menu.
- Go to the ‘Control Panel’ of your device.
- Open the ‘Printers and Scanners’ section.
- Click on the + icon to add your printer.
- Wait for the list of available printers to appear.
- Choose your printer from the list to re-add it.
- Update the printer drivers
Since wrong or outdated drivers could be the real causes behind this problem, thus you need to keep your printer drivers updated. To install the latest driver updates, you should go to the manufacturer’s official website and choose the most updated and compatible drivers for the installation.
- Make the printer shareable
- From the Start menu, go to the ‘Printers and Drivers’ section.
- Scroll down to the ‘Printers’ section.
- Right-click on the problematic printer.
- Select the printer’s ‘Properties’.
- Go to the ‘Sharing’ tab.
- Tick the box next to ‘Share this printer’.
- Select ‘OK’ to apply the changes.
- Run the in-built troubleshooter
- Click on the Windows icon and type ‘troubleshoot’ in the search bar.
- Select ‘Troubleshoot settings’.
- Scroll down to choose ‘Printers’ in the ‘Get up and running’ section.
- Select ‘Run the troubleshooter’ for it.
- Clear printer spooler services
Doing this helps in a lot of situations like these. You can learn the process to clear printer spooler services online.
Related question answers
How do I fix printer configuration 0x8007007e?
You can try some solutions to fix the configuration issue on your printer such as clearing the cache of your browser. In addition to this, you can also try switching to a new browser, deleting junk files from your device, updating your Windows Operating System, editing the registry entry, and so on.
What does unexpected configuration problem 0x8007007e mean?
The error 0x8007007e occurs on a Windows PC if there is a third-party antivirus present on it that might be conflicting with the other programs on your device. Apart from this, the error simply means you cannot perform some operations on your device because there are corrupted system files in it.
How do I check my printer configuration?
- Use your Windows Search bar to open the ‘Printers’ settings.
- After this, click on ‘Devices and Printers’ from the search list.
- Find out your printer from the list.
- Right-click on its icon.
- Choose ‘Printer Properties’ from the drop-down.
- Then, click on the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Here, choose ‘Printing Defaults’ to see the configuration.
After trying the methods listed in this article, you shall probably get out of this problem and may not experience it ever again. But, if you do not find these to be working, you shall be able to fix the issue by updating the operating system of your device or by just installing any available updates that you might have missed. Or, use suggestions given the printers assist executives.