Though Epson is one of the most renowned printers that help people to print documents all over the world. There are several printer models that vary as per their features and functionalities. These models are known for their outstanding performance and functionalities. Nevertheless, there are some issues that you may encounter while using your printer.
These issues can either be due to technical and mechanical reasons that are quite difficult to control. Perhaps one of the most common errors that you may encounter with Epson printers is the Epson error code 0x97. You might face this problem on Epson workforce WF-3640 or any other printer model. You must know what does error code 0x97 means on the Epson printer and what are troubleshooting methods that you can try to fix the problem. Here, in this article, we have mentioned in detail how can you fix Epson printer not printing issue.
What causes an Epson Error Code 0x97?
There are several reasons that may cause error 0x97 in Epson printer models such as Epson wf-4630, Epson wf-7610, or any other model. Some of the main causes are given below:
- There can be some internal hardware problems, like Motherboard failure that causes Epson printer error code.
- A printer with dust-jammed paper, or a dirty printhead can also make you unable to print your documents.
- Another cause of such error codes on Epson printers includes hardware malfunctioning.
- There can be clogged nozzles of the Epson printer that can generate several issues. The error code 0x97 on Epson workforce wf-3640, Epson wf-7620, or Epson wf-3620 is one among them.
How do I Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x97?
Once you know the exact cause of such a problem on your Epson printer, you need to apply several troubleshooting methods to fix the issue. Some of the most common techniques that you can try to bring your Epson printer again in working state:
Method 1: Unplug and Plug-in all the cables
Before applying any troubleshooting method, you need to cancel any print task and remove all paper jams from your printer. You need to unplug the power cable and then again establishing the connection after some time. All you have to do is:
- First of all, remove all the cables connected to your printer.
- Now remove the cartridges from your printer. Still, remove the cable from the power source and keep your printer turn off.
- After waiting for a while, again plug in all the cables and then USB cables.
- Then, reinstall the ink cartridges to the printer and again turn ON the power and check if the error code still appears.
Once you are done with the above steps, check whether the error message still exists. In case, if the error persists on Epson wf-7620, Epson wf-3620, Epson wf-4630, etc. proceed to the next method.
Method 2: Clean Clogged the Printer Nozzles
Cleaning your printer nozzles can also help you to fix the Epson error code 0x97. You must know that cleaning the device with wet tissue paper or any cotton cloth can effectively fix the problem. A printer with dust or unwanted elements can affect the functioning of the device and makes you unable to print your documents. Additionally, you can follow the steps given below to clean clogged nozzles of your Epson workforce wf-3640, Epson wf-7610, or any other printer model:
- Turn off your printer and remove all cables from the power source along to from your device.
- Now carefully open the printer casing and clean the interior with a clean paper towel or soft tissue paper.
- After that, use a soaked paper towel into the middle of the printer heads to clean it.
- Now left the system idle for 12 hours and then check if the error code reappears or not.
Method 3: Try Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter
Microsoft offers many built-in troubleshooting tools for printers that you can use as per your printer. These tools can also help you to find the WPS pin of your printer that helps you to establish a connection in case of wireless printers. These tools can also help you to fix issues related to the printer. You can download such tools from the official website of Microsoft as per your printer model and OS. After that, run it to fix the multiple issues including the Epson printer error code 0x97 error easily.